Around the Farm (ATF) takes a quick look at some of the daily performances by Indians prospects. This is a special fall and winter ball version of ATF that recaps all the offseason action by Indians players in the the Caribbean Leagues. The positions listed below are where the player was playing in the game.
Venezuelan Winter League
- Ezequiel Carrera (RF, Navegantes del Magallanes): 1-for-4, 1 R, 1 K. Carrera continues to hit at an impressive rate in winter ball. So far, the left-handed hitter has gone 18-for-62 in 15 games.
- Jeanmar Gomez (SP, Tiburones de La Guaira): 2.2 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 2 K. Gomez had a pretty decent debut in the VWL. While he was unable to get through three complete innings, he still managed to strikeout two, and he did not allow a run in the outing.
Dominican Winter League
- Carlos Santana (DH, Leones del Escogido): 1-for-3, 1 2B, 1 BB. Santana continues to progress in only his fifth game in winter ball. Santana now owns a .263 average, and the switch-hitter seems to get better with every appearance. His double on Friday was his third of the winter season.
- Juan Diaz (SS, Estrellas de Oriente): 1-for-3, 1 K. In 31 games, Diaz now owns a .267 average. If he gets credit for nothing else, one has to acknowledge Diaz as being the iron man for the Indians this offseason as the shortstop has appeared in 31 games.
- Jose Ramirez (2B, Toros del Este): 1-for-6, 1 RBI, 1 K. As usual, Ramirez was able to at least connect for one base hit. The switch-hitter has now gone 28-for-85 this season in winter ball.
- Mike McDade (1B, Toros del Este): 2-for-5, 1 2B. McDade was acquired Friday from the Toronto Blue Jays, and it did not take long for him to leave an impression. McDade’s double on Friday was his fourth of the winter season.
Puerto Rican Winter League
- Roberto Perez (C, Indios de Mayaguez): 3-for-4, 1 RBI, 1 BB. Perez’s performance on Friday was definitely his best of the winter season. Overall, he right-handed hitter has now gone 9-for-30 in nine games.