Around the Farm (ATF) takes a quick look at some of the daily performances by Indians prospects. This is a special fall and winter ball version of ATF that recaps all the offseason action by Indians players in the Arizona Fall League (AFL) and the Caribbean Leagues. The positions listed below are where the player was playing in the game.
Here is the rundown of what Indians players in fall and winter ball did yesterday.
Arizona Fall League
- Tyler Holt (LF, Scottsdale Scorpions): 2-for-4, 3 RBI. Very nice performance from Holt in Friday’s contest. Holt has been outstanding as of late and is now riding a six-game hit streak in the AFL. Aside from the fact that he has still yet to record an extra-base hit, there’s really nothing negative that can be said about his fall performance thus far.
- Carlos Moncrief (DH, Scottsdale Scorpions): After recording five hits in his first two games in the AFL, Moncrief has now gone 0-for-8 over his last two contests. Though on the positive side of things, he does seem to be healthy now, and that’s the most important thing moving forward.
Venezuelan Winter League
- Hector Rondon (RP, Leones del Caracas): 0.2 IP. Things are really starting to look up for Rondon. After a slow start, he seems to have settled in and has now not allowed a run in any of his past four outings. He was extremely efficient on Friday as he needed only three pitches to record two outs.
Dominican Winter League
- Jose Ramirez (2B, Toros del Este): 2-for-4, 2 R, 1 2B, 2 RBI, 1 BB, 1 K. From a statistical standpoint, it could be argued that no Indians prospect had a stronger season than Ramirez in 2012. Friday’s game was only Ramirez’s third in the DWL so far, and hopefully it was a sign of more good things to come.
- Tim Fedroff (LF, Aguilas Cibaenas): 1-for-5, 2 R, 1 HR, 2 RBI, 1 K. It’s nice to see Fedroff launch his first home run of the winter season. Fedroff certainly became one of the more popular Indians prospects during the 2012 season, and it’s easy to see why when you consider the great season that he had. Fedroff has now recorded a hit in 10 out of the 12 games that he has played in the DWL.
- Juan Diaz (SS, Estrellas de Oriente): 0-for-2, 1 R. Diaz has really struggled so far in the DWL. In nine games, he has now gone 4-for-21.